Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Throw Back Thursday

 
          One of the many crazes on Facebook is Throw Back Thursday. It's when you post a picture from back in the day, and you do it on Thursday. It can be an old school photo, or that awkward family picture taken back when you were 12. It doesn't matter. The whole point is that you are showcasing a moment back in time. 
          I have always wanted to participate in this Facebook tradition, but unfortunately, I cannot. Despite the fact that I have boxes full old photos, I do not have the means to make them digital. So at this time, I am unable to share with you my prom pictures, and that one time I went to Florida on spring break.
          So I decided to have my own Throw Back Thursday...just for you...

 
 
 

      This is Trinity, circa summer 2011. Nick was over at the house, and so was Jaden, which was rare back then. Football was the sport of choice with the boys, and it eventually spilled out onto the front lawn. Trinity somehow acquired (with girl power) not only Jaden's throwing gloves, but also Nick's sunglasses.  She threw that ball back and forth with the boys, and she did it well. To me, this picture represents how natural, and graceful, and athletic Trinity is. She is a girl to be reckoned with. You'll see.

 
       This is a picture I stole from the Mountain Press newspaper. It was about the school spelling bee, and quite honestly, was one of most nerve-racking events I have ever attended for these kids.( and I've been to them all.) Madison blew all those kids out of the water, and wore a pretty blue bow while doing it. It was fabulous. It was absolutely one of  the most proudest moments I've ever had in my life.  MY daughter rocked that spelling bee. Pixie cut and all. Yes!!
 
 
       

 
 
    This is Lexi's first official picture. She popped out so quiet and beautiful, with no drama. The nurses had to slap her (now stinky) feet to make her cry. Physically, it was a fairly easy pregnancy, and birth, as they all were, And actually this is a pretty good picture, considering it was taken with my old flip phone. I wish I would have taken more. I wish I hadn't been so scared of her arrival. As it turns out, Lexi makes me enjoy motherhood in a way I hadn't before. And that's more precious then anything. Really.
 
 
 
 
Shelly
I tried
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment